Container Gardens

I have an old step from my deck that we replace with two new steps. I am thinking this might be a good container garden for our deck (Our yard makes a postage stamp look big also it's on an incline) the box is

6" D X 8" W X 56"L. The length is split by a divider so it's actually 2 28" sections. I was going to line the sections with a plastic to hold in the soil and put 2-3 tomatoe plants on 1 side and the same number of pepper plants on the other side.

I am looking for opinions and suggestions on whether this is a workable plan

Ray

Reply to
Madcat

How much sunlight does this spot receive? Both tomatoes and green peppers are sun lovers.

Bob

Reply to
permafrog

The spot gets a fair amount of sun. Also I can move the container to another spot on the deck if need be

Reply to
Madcat

Andy asks:

How do you plan to provide for drainage ? Perhaps poking some holes in the plastic liner would work...

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Reply to
AndyS

The Container is a nold step. It has a 1/8" Channel Running the length. Hopefully Putting some hole along the channel should allow for drainage

Reply to
Madcat

Then you can grow both tomatoes and pepper. Select varities that suit the containers. Camp Joy tomatoes are excellent producers.

Reply to
permafrog