composting question

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I just cleared my pond of scum or algae over growth. I raked it up and got quite a good sized pile. The question I have is would this stuff be good to put in my compost bin? Thanks for your opinions.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4181 (20090623) __________

Dave

Bill and in time it all rots.

Reading stuff if inclined I tend to just aerate and move it about.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Algae is a plant. Nearly all plants can be added to the compost. I add about 2 cubic yards of elodea from my pond to a composting bin every month. The algae in my pond gets eaten by tadpoles and goldfish.

Reply to
Phisherman

Yes, mix it in with high carbon material in layers.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott