composting

Was having problem with fruit flies in my garbage so I started putting fruit remnants in a bag in the fridge and then put in the garbage on garbage day. Banana peels, apple cores, melon rinds, etc. Would probably be better if I composted the stuff though instead of going to the landfill. But if I just throw it out in the garden won't that attract flies and fruit flies, and coons, etc. Should it be buried?

Reply to
Gus

yes, it does help to bury it deeply enough that the critters won't get to it.

songbird

Reply to
songbird