Care tips for your orchid

No John, I do not have a website with pictures of fungi I've dug, NOR will I ever attempt to take any photos for you again. I proved you wrong in my last batch of photo's and you never acknowledged them at all, while telling me you'd place them on the front page of your website if they were properly cut.

So, I am fully aware of actinomycetes in compost piles, it somehow got into my breast and gave me an infection a few years ago which almost caused me a mastectomy. You are not reading my posts, you are limited and it is obvious to me.

Reply to
Jangchub

what, a top post? Why don't you answer questions, but demand others answer your questions? Is there a magic man in the sky causing things to happen on the planet I don't know about?

Reply to
Jangchub

So then grass, marigolds, grapevines, not being trees, don't have mycorrhiza?

Reply to
Charles

Annuals have bacteria. Perennials like fungi. Annuals like a higher pH than perennials.

Reply to
Billy

Google "figurative language".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Plants have mychorrizae, I've used VAM innoculant on the roots of plants which are receptive to this application.

Reply to
Jangchub

"Charles" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Not from my understanding. I just found this list of plants which form endomycorrhizae. Please do not quote me on the accuracy of the list. Just an example. Acacia, Agapanthus, Ailanthus, Alder, Alfalfa, Almond, Apple, Apricot, Artichoke, Ash, Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo, Banana, Basil, Bayberry, Bean, Begonia, Black Locust, Blackberry, Box Elder, Boxwood, Buckeye, Bulbs (all), Burning Bush, Cacao, Cactus, Camellia, Carrot, Cassava, Catalpa, Ceanothus, Celery, Cherry, Chokeberry, Chrysanthemum, Citrus (all), Clover, Coconut, Coffee, Coral Tree, Corn, Cotton, Cottonwood, Crabapple, Cryptomeria, Cucumber, Currant, Cypress, Dogwood, Eggplant, Elm, Euonymus, Fern, Fescue, Fig, Forsythia, Fountain Grass, Fuschia, Gardenia, Garlic, Geranium, Ginko, Grapes (all), Grass, Gum, Hackberry, Hawthorne, Hibiscus, Holly, Hophornbeam, Hornbeam, Horsechestnut, Impatiens, Jojoba, Juniper, Kiwi, Leek, Lettuce, Lily, Locust, London, Magnolia, Mahogany, Mahonia, Mango, Maples (all), Marigold, Melons (all), Mesquite, Millet, Mimosa, Morning Glory, Mulberry, Monkeypod, Nasturtium, Okra, Olive, Onion, Pacific Yew, Palms (all), Palmetto, Pampas Grass, Papaya, Paulownia, Passion Fruit, Paw Paw, Pea, Peach, Peanut, Pear, Pecan, Pepper, Pistachio, Persimmon, Pittosporum, Plum, Poinsettia, Potato, Poplar, Raintree, Raphiolepis, Raspberry, Redbud, Redwood, Rice, Rose, Russian Olive, Ryegrass, Sagebrush, Sassafras, Serviceberry, Sourwood, Soybean, Squash (all), Strawberry, Sudan Grass, Sugar Cane, Sumac, Sunflower, Sweet Gum, Sweet Potato, Sycamore, Tea, Tobacco, Tomato, Tree-of-heaven, Tupelo, Walnut, Wheat, Yam, Yellow Poplar, Yucca.

Better said, without the plant root tissues, or without the fungus tissues you cannot have a mycorrhiza. Again the word mycorrhiza is Greek. "mycor" meaning fungi. "rhiza" meaning root. It is a composite organ made up of plant root tissues and fungi tissues. Is it root or fungus? The answer is yes. People don't like that kind of question.

The same site had a list of plants that do not respond to endo or ecto. They had pine and oak on the list. Anytime I dug pine or oak roots I found ectomycorrhizae. So please do not quote that list.

Reply to
symplastless