CANADA: Best Gardening Magazine ??

Hi,

I am only going to order one gardening magazine, which one is the best for Canadians?

Thank you

Reply to
Maple Tree

'Best' is such a subjective term. The 'best' magazine is going to be determined by your interests and your needs, which in turn are determined by your zone. If you're in Ontario, for example, you wouldn't necessarily be interested in a magazine for a prairie environment regardless of how good it is. My local gardening group had a discussion a while ago about their favorite magazine. The top ones were Gardens West and Fine Gardening (American).

Some others mentioned though were: Alberta Gardener Northern Gardener (published in the States so I guess we're uber- northern gardeners) Garden Gate (also U.S.) Gardeners for the prairies Canadian Gardening (has an online forum) - is a good general one Enjoy Gardening published by Holes in Edmonton- someone said it was excellent but it is biannual so only 2 issues a year

I suggest you look on their websites and see what kind of articles they have.

You might also check the UBC Botanical Garden site. They have a good forum, and probably have publications as well.

Dora

Reply to
bungadora

Hi this is Carlos from Guatemala, City. I am a lover of flowers and plants, but I am not an expert. I love Lillacs and Orchids. In my Country Guatemala, they cultivate the White Orchid or Snow White which gives few flowers at year.

Question: Do you know some magazine that has published this kind of flowers?

Thanks, Carlos

Reply to
chapinmich