buddelia domancy

do butterfly bushes ( buddelia ) require any dormancy to allow it to grow proper and set flowers?

my plants usually go dormant when temps are established below freezing for a bit, but start growing, (send out new shoots,) as soon as weather stays above freezing for a few days. this winter though i have over wintered in a greenhouse about 20 plants that i rooted off of some of my plants. the green house is on a south facing wall and temps never get below freezing and are usually around 80 during the day.. i was wondering if this will prevent them from flowering this year. i wanted great roots so i can live w/o flowers if this happens. plants are a present for a friend who is good at killing new plants. so i wanted them to be as mature as possible before sending them to be neglected, lol

sherm

Reply to
sherm

Hah, the idea of "neglecting" a Buddleia (sp?) They are so tough and grow so fast they're liable to come in your friend's window and wind around her/his sleeping form.

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone