Books for dummies

Are there any books of people proof plants, mainly flowers and vines? Like lantana or vincas? I live in Zone 6 (I believe, depends on the book I'm reading). 3700' elevation, 37 deg. N lat. 110+ summer, teens in winter, but not for long.

We have been going through plants, and some are making it, and some die quickly after transplanting. We are not gardeners, but do take proper care to dig good holes, or prepare good beds, and have the drip systems.

I just like the lantana and vincas and stuff that you plant and forget except for basic weeding and pruning. Perennials only. I do like daisies, and Texas rangers, and stuff that turns bushy with lots of blossoms. And things that bloom in various seasons so we always have some color going on.

Lastly, flowers and vines that are distasteful to rabbits and that have something in them that keep other flowers from encroaching. We have a wild primrose here, and really, nothing roots within three feet of it. They are very pretty, and I could just do a whole bunch of them for free. But I'd like to mix it up.

What's a good book or site(s)?

Steve

SW corner Utah.

Reply to