Christmas Bloomers

Coming out of the Lurker's Lair to present my annual list of Christmas Bloomers: Blooming on Christmas Day in Northern California, zone 9 Shrubs Abutilon (Flowering Maple) this one blooms year round with lovely flowers that are loved by hummers. it blooms so continuously that its difficult to find a time to prune it back a little. Orange variety. Camellias: Pink Perfection, Yuletide, and Kanjiro Euryops its bright yellow daisies are a treat on a bleak winter day Fatsia japonica (Japanese Aralia) about half of the flowers have become berries already Callistemon (Weeping Bottlebrush) another one that Anna's Hummingbird loves. Red flowers. Viburnum tinus This years crop of metallic blue berries plus the first pinkish clusters of blooms, what a treat! Vine: Solanum jasminoides, Potato Vine. In addition to flowers, it provides a roosting place for the little White Crowned Sparrows. Perennials Violas/pansies Gaillardia Another one that blooms "all the time" Dianthus A little droopy from the rain, but still pretty Salvia 'Hot Lips' another hummer plant Malva 'Zebrina' a passalong plant so I am not sure of which Mallow it it Erica 'Furzey' a beautiful sight, in full bloom Bidens Wallflower (Cheiranthus and Erysimum Bowles Mauve) Just a few flowers on each. Primrose a blue one Lantana some of the purple one are still going strong, hidden below the Lavender which also has a few flowers left after the frosts A few roses have some pretty sorry looking blooms, I cut the good ones from Confetti for my table centerpiece. An unknown Noisette and Iceberg still look pretty good.

And one beautiful new, fresh flower on the strawberry Pink Panda.....a little pink jewel.

Happy New Year and Great Gardens for 2007 Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca

David I'm glad you're getting the Hill landscaped and sure do hope it stays OK I havve Potentilla Neumanniana and its a nice little plant. Not blooming here right now.

Cold rain here all weekend, but a little sun peeked thru this afternoon. About a half inch of rain total from this storm. I think it was cold everywhere in CA!!

Happy New Year Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca