Looking for books

Has anyone here any first-hand knowledge on the following books: Jermyn "Alpine Plants of Europe" and Mineo "Rock Garden Plants: A Color Encyclopedia".

I'd like to get a good reference book on rock garden plants, full of information, drawings and photos, but I don't think I can buy both books at once:) And I'm not interested in popular books running on such standards as Phlox subulata or Aubretia, I want some thorough read about little-known plants. Or perhaps you might suggest something else?

And second question - Encyclopedia of Perennials by Rice and Bluemel. I already have RHS Encyclopedia of Garden Plants (Brickell et al.), will this book be complimentary or is it a case of similar information and different editing form?

Regards, B.

Reply to
Basia Kulesz

fauger