Blue berries on vine?

On Thanksgiving for the first time I saw the house that my son and daughter in law bought. (Brick craftsman style and I love it.) On the outside of the big porch there are climbing vines with bright blue berries. You would almost call them turquoise. He says that in the summer the vines get very agressive and would take over the porch if he let them. This is in Dayton, Ohio. Can anyone give a guess as to what plant this is? I wonder if the birds eat the berries. My only guess is maybe a porcelain berry vine but the one that I have certainly isn't agressive.

Marilyn

Reply to
Allview

Yes, Ampelopsis brevipedunculata is highly invasive and (unfortunately) really beautiful. Birds eat the berries when they're really hungry, in my experience-- of course that just spreads the vine even more.

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman