blackberry bushes

My wife bought me a blackberry bush from Wal-Mart (they quit carrying them), and hid it away for a week to surprise me... needless to say, it did not survive the lack of water. BUT I really would like one... none of the places I can find here on the Mississippi GulfCoast are selling them anymore... who would be a good place to buy from?

Reply to
BearDrummer

We bought berries from WalMart too, and they died even though we followed the instructions and soaked them in water for a couple days when we got home before planting them. So I'm not sure it's the lack of water. So we just got some cuttings from a bush in town and they're doing just fine. Are there any bushes growing in the wild nearby?

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

I live on the Louisiana Gulf coast and am growing Triple Crown thornless blackberries. Got them from Stark Brothers Nursery in Louisiana, MO. Should have a web presence but haven't looked lately. Planted six of them in January and they are producing berries, albeit not many, this month and are growing well.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

Look here:

Travis M.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo