Best way to root Ti Plant

On the package it says to lay it in a saucer of water and roots will grow out of the ends. OK, then how do you put it in the dirt? With roots out of both ends of the stick, where does the foliage grow. A message board on the internet said to just stick it in soil. Any advice?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

I did one of those years and years ago. I seem to recall there was wax I had to scrape off maybe? I think I put it in water vertically and then when the roots started showing, put it into soil. IIRC, they're almost impossible to do wrong, though.

Priscilla

Reply to
Priscilla Ballou

Well...you don't know Tom then! lol

Rosewood

Reply to
Rosewood

I confess I've been away from the newsgroup for a year or two (more?), so I've lost the details of what I once knew about posters in the fogs of the intervening years. ;-)

Priscilla

Reply to
Priscilla Ballou

The new foliage will know which way to go, up!

Reply to
Beecrofter