Best Looking Seeds?

I grew a few pumpkins for the first time - Dill's Atlantic Giants. I want to keep some seeds to grow them again next year.

Does it follow that the biggest, best formed seeds will most likely yield the biggest and best formed pumpkins? Or is it the luck of the draw? Thx!

Reply to
sarab

Actually, most old time seed savers saved seeds from the best pumpkin. That may be the biggest, the most perfectly formed, the most productive vine or a combination of the three.

Reply to
farmerdill

Reply to
rosebud19