Bald Cyprus tree - possible OT ?

I'm not exactly sure which group to post this in. I can't find a tree-only group.

I've got a bald cypruss that has was transplanted into my backyard a little over 2 years ago. It is about 15 feet tall right now and has always been healthy. (I'm just NE of Ft. Worth, TX)

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed many brown/dead leaves on it. It seems to be moving from the bottom to the top and from the inside to the outside of the branches. It gets plenty of sun and water and it's "brother" tree in the front yard is going gangbusters.

Any idea what is happening? Is it a fungus or disease? I can't find much info on them online.

If this isn't the correct group, please let me know which is.

Reply to
Tim V.

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) About 2 weeks ago, I noticed many brown/dead leaves on it. It seems to be :) moving from the bottom to the top and from the inside to the outside of the :) branches. It gets plenty of sun and water and it's "brother" tree in :) the front yard is going gangbusters. :) :) Any idea what is happening? Is it a fungus or disease? I can't find much :) info on them online. :) :) I have come across before some info from A&M concerning a fungal leaf spot that will cause them to drop the needles...also, they will drop their needles in drought...possibly the soil where that tree is planted is a lot shallower than the soil area where the other tree and the dry spell we had may be to blame, even though you where watering it some.

Reply to
Lar

This is the correct group. I don't have a clue what the problem is though.

Reply to
Travis