Around the Bird Bath

Hi , What one type of plant would you suggest planting to make an impact in a garden that is only three feet around with a bird bath in the centre of it The circumference is all rock (It is the top garden of a rockery that is on a slope and gets wider with each terraced "step" down and it is beside a stream. I am in zone 5a. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Smiles

Sedum, my personal favorite.

Reply to
SedumQueen

Any particular type that you favor? I googled it and saw so many varieties, all so different!

I am also planning to plant around a birdbath so I was interested in your reply.

Thanks

Reply to
nanner

You could plant a few of the taller varieties like Sedum Telephium Autumn Joy or Neon and a couple of the ground-cover spreading types like Sedum tetractinum and Sedum sexangulare.

"Download Catalog" to get the full listing. When you're looking at the catalog listing, look at both Sedum and Spathulifolium, as they're both types of sedum. There are so many wonderful varieties of Sedum you just can't go wrong.

Reply to
SedumQueen

And it's pretty hardy stuff -- I live in zone 3 and several varieties are "old reliables" even in our climate!

Lisa Montana

Reply to
Lisa Hurley