Apartment Container gardening

Hello,

I am a resident of South India and I live in an apartment with tw balconies, one facing the east and the other facing the west. I hav quite a number of plants in my two small balconies. I use plasti containers and water daily in our humid region. I apply organi fertilizer every other week. But my plants rarely produce flowers. Som just wilt and die. Others have large leaves but no flowers. Some hav smaller than normal leaves or yellow leaves. I have found that ther are numerous tiny snails in the soil. Can anyone please tell me what am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

-- yellowhat

Reply to
yellowhat

Try taking the plants indoor to see if that helps, it may be the environment rain water ?

Find the plants you have and find their individual care needs. It might help to group them to similar care. Each plant has different care needs. Some need to be watered weekly while others need less. Some plants need drainage and too much water will make fungus grow and attract parasites.

Go to

and find your plants. There are great tips at

rmaniacnyc

Hi,

Sounds like you are overwatering most of your plants. Like the previous responder said different types of plants require different watering schedules. Also, different types of pots tend to dry out quicker or slower. Plastic pots tend to hold moisture in longer and your watering every day is causing an overly wet root environment. This would be fine if you were growing something like taro or papyrus. Also different plants require different fertilizer.

One of the common mistakes of beginning gardeners is killing the plants with too much love by overwatering and over fertilizing and by lumping all the plants together in regards to care.

Layne

Reply to
Layne