Agave Weberi

This is from Western Cactus.com

Closest I could get to the two big agaves in my garden. I want to add more to that area. A friend said I could have some from her too-closely packed bunch. But it seems hard/impossible to dig them out individually, they're so entwined.

Can you get the picture? If not, I'll take one and post.

Question: If I cut them off at the stem and replant, will they grow new roots? If the answer is "No" I won't bother.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

If you can cut/pull/twist out any offsets ("pups") you should be able to root them. Let the cut ends dry before gently settting them into a pot filled with a well-draining potting mix. Keep the rooting mix *barely* damp and keep the plants you are rooting out of direct sun and wind.

Leave them in the pots until they begin to show strong growth--don't rush to get them in the ground.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Fabulous! Will get right on it.

Tx