Acer pseudoplatanus

Hi :) I have lots of these Acer pseudoplatanus seeds...

is the best way to plant them? Should I remove the tegument or can I leave the "wings" ?

Reply to
Marco C

I don't know specifically about this maple, I've heard it recommended that you do remove the wings from maple seeds. However, they obviously propagate with the wings intact in nature, so it probably doesn't matter that much.

Maples usually have to go through a cold winter before they will grow, so you should either plant them now or put them in the refrigerator for several months.

Reply to
Scooter the Mighty

Leave 'em and get 'em in moist soil ASAP. Acer has a very short period of viability compared to most genera... weeks for some.

Reply to
Kay Lancaster