A plant to identify

Hello all,
I came across this very aromatic plant in my neighborhood.
Having no nursery around where I live anymore I took it to the local big-box hardware store, they did not know what it is :( (Wasn't expecting much from them, anyhow.)
Would anyone know what it is?
https://plus.google.com/collection/gk92KE
Thank you!
Al
Add pictures here
✖
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 10:08:17 PM UTC-8, Al Tprk wrote:

Forgot to Write: I think I am in Sunset zone 15.
Add pictures here
✖
replying to Al Tprk, Iggy wrote: I'm going with dead or dormant Mexican Anise http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/1563/mexican-anise-tree /
Add pictures here
✖
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 5:14:06 AM UTC-8, Iggy wrote:

Thank you. However, I don't think it is a Mexican anise.
There are additional photos on the Google+ sight. Unfortunately Google is not doing a good job of making there presence apparent. If you look at these additional photos, you'll see that the plant I saw is different:
* The flowers are not red. * It is not a tree but a relatively tall plant.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 5:14:06 AM UTC-8, Iggy wrote:

Here is a direct link to the plant photo:
https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/101467498787063231488/6493341702951491954?icm=true&isoúlse
Add pictures here
✖
On 2017-11-28 17:36:06 +0000, Al Tprk said:

Could be Cleveland sage or a hybrid thereof.
Add pictures here
✖
replying to Al Tprk, Iggy wrote: Wow, much better picture! Amos is on the right track. But, I think it's actually a Point Sal Purple Sage http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/3737/point-sal-purple-sage /
Add pictures here
✖
Al Tprk wrote:

That is better that last url was useless
Add pictures here
✖