Subject Author Posted Replies

Escheveria "Perle Von Nurnberg"
Does anyone know a good source for large adult specimens of the Escheveria "Perle Von Nurnberg"? This is a purplish large Escheveria that really shoots high. I would prefer to find a West Coast...
3
3

water fountain repair help
hi all. i recently broke my fiberglass water fountain and now there is a huge circle of about 2-3" in the top tier. i wanted to know if there are any products out there for me to fix it. ive seen...
6
6

Desperate Help To Kill Grass
Hi All, I am desperate for some help in killing grass off on an area we spent a fortune on last year with membranes, large gravel etc only to find that there is grass ever where we look. We have tried...
32
32

ID mystery plant
[IMG] I don't know where it came from,but it is sowing itself in several places. At the moment, it is setting seed, so long seed-bearing spike - picture not good enough to show. Picture I (hope) I...
15
15

Is it normal for Italian parsley to grow back?
Hi All, I just noticed that my Italian Parsley is growing back after the ice and snow killed it. Is this normal? It sure was tasty last year. Many thanks, -T
3
3

need help with shallots
Hi All, I was thinking of growing shallots this year: Is this a good variety? (I like the cross garlic onion taste.) Questions: 1) when do I plant them? (Three of my garlic bulbs planted last fall...
13
13

Bulbs
Is it common for bulbs to grow but not flower the first year? I am not having a great success rate with the many bulbs I planted last fall. MJ
5
5

Japanese Knotweed Removal
Hi, I just wanted to introduce Phlorum, we're a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy based in Brighton and one of our main services is Japanese Knotweed Removal. So if anyone on here has any...

Anyone know what this plant is please?
Hi everyone Hopefully someone knows what this plant is? I have just moved into a new house and have this plant growing through many of the flowerbeds-it seems to be mat forming and spreading itself...
1
1

garlic?
Hi All, I planted three cloves of garlic last fall. After all the ice and snow I was surprised to see the three of them re-sprout. It is below freezing at night still too. Just out of curiosity, when...
27
27

Question on Watering for Pittosporum and Photinia
I have an irrigation zone that feeds a hedge of Varigated Pittosporums, Red Robin Photinia, and some Oleanders. The irrigation lines are rubber hoses on either side of the hedge roots. In observing...
3
3

How to attract more birds to my balcony garden?
Hello fellow gardeners, I have a north west facing balcony and it attracts some birds. Seeing them makes my day a good day. And I can imagine it pleases you to see your visitors too. My balcony garden...
1
1

Super soaker for pesticide application?
I want to spray some wild oak trees on a remote property to eliminate parasites (scale and gal). I have recommended soluble stuff from DNR. There is no power for a pressure washer, so I had hoped to...
1
1

A little help with flowering annuals please
Hello All, I'm new to flower gardenning but am hoping this summer to create some colour in my garden using flowering annuals.I have at present some seeds Wallflower, Marigold,Snap dragons which I wish...
3
3

Gardening among pines
I have several pines in my back yard. Nothing seems to grow well among them. Is there any secrets about pines and gardening? ph? What plants do well in the pine needles? Can the pine needles be raked...
4
4