Subject Author Posted Replies

Tomato plant in a pot
I had an extra seedling this year that looked pretty healthy, so I put some stones in a pot (it is a big pot and I didn't have enough spare dirt to fill it, so I put eight or ten inches of dirt on top...
18
18

Automated Garden Controller and Monitoring System
The hydroMazing system grew from a personal desire to make home hydroponics easier and accessible to everyone. We use open-source hardware to keep the cost down and encourage our community to keep...

Wisteria blooms but does not climb
I'm in zone 5b (Toronto). in 2013 I bought a Wisteria Blue Moon, it was blo oming and on a small trellis. That winter it died down to the ground. Durin g 2014 it bloomed with 2 small racemes of...
5
5

Unknown shrub
Could someone please ID this shrub flower. I think it's of Caribbean origin. Thanks vomog +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
2
2

Bees and GMO
It's been too hot for weeks to go outside for anything but emergencies. Having no A/C -- didn't need it for the last [censored] year-- I just huddle in front of a fan and try to catch up on email....

Anybody know of a decent corded trimmer
Looking for a decent corded trimmer that feeds reliably and will last. I'm tired of throwing away cheap plastic crap or struggling with balky feed mechanisms that never work for more than a few...
7
7

Freshly mowed
http://i60.tinypic.com/1z18w1x.jpg
1
1

Bushman and Bowsaws
Bowsaws are commonly referred to as "bushmans" so I'm guessing this is just like biro being used as a generic name for a ballpoint pen. Does anyone know whether bushman was a company or brand or...
1
1

hydroMazing garden controller and monitoring system
A smart garden controller helps us to manage the environment by controlling fans, heaters, lights, and pumps only notifying us when the garden needs o ur attention. ... higher yields ... minimal...

When to pick Galeux d'Eysines squash?
I planted a couple Galeux d'Eysines squash seeds this year on a lark. It wa s on May 15th, the last frost date in Denver. Now I have four fruits that l ook like they're 10-15 pounds each. One of them...
5
5

corn storm dammage
any hope for my strawberry popcorn crop? http://s984.photobucket.com/user/cheapdave/media/Garden/P8150022.jpg.html?sort=3
3
3

California Drought: 1 August Update
During the month of July, 12 major California reservoirs shrank even further, dropping from a collective content of 37% of capacity on 30 June to 31% on 31 July. Despite significant rain in July, the...
4
4

Good vines for awning supports?
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and had a bit of trouble finding vines that would be happy in the dense adobe soil around my house. I ended up putting some distictis buccinatoria at the bottom of...
5
5

Late attack of lupin aphid
Hi - My lupins have flowered well this year - I cut off the dead spikes and got a second flush. More or less finished now, but the remaining foliage and some new growth from the flower spikes are...
2
2

Rotovating a neglected lawn
Hello :) I'm new here, it looked like a good place to get some info so here I am! I have a large garden and the lawn is just more than I can manage. I've been here 8 years and every summer it gets...
4
4