2,4-D

To whom it may concern,

I would like to know where I can find the product 2,4-D please. By any chance, if you know anyone in the province of Québec, would be great. Thank you.

Best regards

Chantal

Reply to
Chantal

Ms. Simons

Chantal,

2,4-D is usually the active >
Reply to
Colby Starker

2,4-D may be legal but it is far from ethical.
One wonders why people like Chantal feel the need to add to the problem of excessive 'cide usage. Perhaps she wants to stock up before the stuff is declared illegal in Quebec.
wishing to use it is part of the problem. A wide range of non-toxic methods to control weeds exist, a matter of learning to do a google search. Sadly, there are far more stupid people out there than there are thinking people.

John H. Immink Victoria BC Canada

Reply to
canuckistani

Very interesting and timely that you should assert this. Within the last month another peer-reviewed study has been published showing absolutely no difference in cancer rates between people who apply

2,4-D regularly and those who've NEVER used it. I'll be happy to show you my sources if you would show me yours.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

month another peer-reviewed

between people who apply

my sources if you would

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Title: Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and specific pesticide exposure in men: Cross-Canada study of pesticides and health.

Authors: McDuffie, Helen H.; Pahwa, Punam; McLaughlin, John R.; Spinelli, John J.; Fincham, Shirley; Dosman, James A.; Robson, Diane; Skinnider, Leo F.; Choi, Norman W.

Author Address: Centre for Agricultural Medicine, Royal University Hospital,

103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, S.K., S7N 0W8: Canada.

Published in: Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, volumn 10, pages

1155-1163, (2002).

Abstract: "Our objective in the study was to investigate the putative associations of specific pesticides with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL; International Classification of Diseases, version 9 (ICD-9) 200, 202). We conducted a Canadian multicenter population-based incident, case (n =

517)-control (n = 1506) study among men in a diversity of occupations using an initial postal questionnaire followed by a telephone interview for those reporting pesticide exposure of 10 h/year or more, and a 15% random sample of the remainder. Adjusted odds ratios (ORs) were computed using conditional logistic regression stratified by the matching variables of age and province of residence, and subsequently adjusted for statistically significant medical variable (history of measles, mumps, cancer, allergy desensitization treatment, and a positive history of cancer in first-degree relatives). We found that among major chemical classes of herbicides, the risk of NHL was statistically significantly increased by exposure to phenoxyherbicides (OR, 1.38; 95% confidence interval (CI), 1.06-1.81) and to dicamba (OR, 1.88; 95% CI, 1.32-2.68). Exposure to carbamate (OR, 1.92; 95% CI, 1.22-3.04) and to organophosphorus insecticides (OR, 1.73; 95% CI, 1.27-2.36), amide fungicides, and the fumigant carbon tetrachloride (OR, 2.42; 95% CI, 1.19-5.14) statistically significantly increased risk. Among individual compounds, in multivariate analyses, the risk of NHL was statistically significantly increased by exposure to the herbicides, 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D; OR, 1.32; 95% CI, 1.01-1.73), mecoprop (OR, 2.33; 95% CI, 1.58-3.44), and dicamba (OR, 1.68; 95% CI, 1.00-2.81); to the insecticides malathion (OR, 1.83; 95% CI, 1.31-2.55), 1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis (4-chlorophenyl) ethane (DDT), carbaryl (OR, 2.11; 95% CI, 1.21-3.69), aldrin, and lindane; and to the fungicides captan and sulfur compounds. In additional multivariate models, which included exposure to other major chemical classes or individual pesticides, personal antecedent cancer, a history of cancer among first-degree relatives, and exposure to mixtures containing dicamba (OR, 1.96; 95% CI, 1.40-2.75) or to mecoprop (OR, 2.22; 95% CI, 1.49-3.29) and to aldrin (OR, 3.42; 95% CI, 1.18-9.95) were significant independent predictors of an increased risk for NHL, whereas a personal history of measles and of allergy desensitization treatments lowered the risk. We concluded that NHL was associated with specific pesticides after adjustment for other independent predictors."

Henry Kuska, retired snipped-for-privacy@neo.rr.com

Henry Kuska