Subject Author Posted Replies

Weather Blues on a perfect day
Looked about my neighborhood and things look good. Sure we just had one heck of a rain storm but that was 2 days ago. My basement is dry I'm happy and spring is in the air. Meanwhile my Brother and...
3
3

Planting Time Just Six Weeks Away
I spent the day getting ready to propagate most of my veggie seeds. Planting time in my area of PA is May 15. I finally got my new garden all dug and ready to go. This time of year brings much joy...
1
1

New garden books in time for spring planting… and reading
Like most garden lovers, Cheryl and I enjoy reading books on our favorite subject. However experienced you are, you can always learn something new (or re-learn something you had forgotten) and many of...
1
1

Yellow leaf bleeding heart
Bit spam but $12 worth A look got me thinking. Dicentra spectabilis Gold Heart (Gold Leaf Bleeding Heart) : This most shocking of woodland garden plants is a selection from Nori Pope, former owner of...
1
1

Need help finding a pepper plant
Back when I was a child, maybe 40 years ago, my grandmother used to plant these large peppers in her backyard garden, for fresh eating and canning. I've been trying to locate a pepper like this for...

The Ultimate Tomato
The flavor of any tomato is a personal choice indeed. Many say Cherokee Purple is the ultimate tomato while still others say Brandywine tops out all others. Myself I think there is a much overlooked...
3
3

Cottage garden plant recommendations
I live in Southern Calif,bordeline zones 22/23, according to the Sunset Western garden book. I have a sunny area that gets lots of water,due to flooding in the winter.I can control the watering in the...
2
2

Raised Beds and Ivy??
Hello All, first post here! I am a passionate gardener, but have lived in a flat for the last 20 years. I* have recently bought a house and have a largev overrun garden. I want to grow veg and I have...
2
2

Sad looking hebes
Hi, Please bear with me, i'm a very inexperienced gardener! I have several different hebes in my garden, I'm unsure what varieties they are unfortunately, all I know is that some have varigated leaves...
7
7

safe Horse Manure
Can anyone please advise where I may find someone to deliver safe, well rotted, horse manure to Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG postcode.I need a few cubic metres, for compost bins and vegetable patch,...
20
20

Gone to seed!
Dern it! I was away for a month (So. Calif coastal.) Asked my neighbors to help themselves to my produce. Turns out they were too busy, and everything went to seed, esp. the "winter" crops like bok...
4
4

Help me identify! Save a plant's life!
Hi all! My first post! I need help to identify a plant I was given so I know how to care for it. it has is light green, long 'hand like' leaves, some with 5 fingers (the middle one the longest), the...
1
1

Daylilllies
Hi, Does anyone know what to do and what to use to revive growth in daylillies. I have beautiful plants that grow but do not bloom. What can I do to see them again and have them bloom and rebloom
5
5

Plant ID help
I still have a batch of pictures from a years ago Wildman Steve Brill foraging walk that I have not yet put on the web. This means this batch is not yet merged into my album. Before I can process them...
17
17

Help needed, Sick Yucca (I think) See Photo
Hi all, I have what i think is a yukka which my hubbie rescued from our local dump. it had been hacked at in several places so i treated this. It was also pot bound so we transfered it. It started...
5
5