Weather Blues on a perfect day

Looked about my neighborhood and things look good. Sure we just had one heck of a rain storm but that was 2 days ago. My basement is dry I'm happy and spring is in the air.

Meanwhile my Brother and Dad's house next door about four feet lower then me whose grounds look the same have a raising water table putting about 18 inches of water into the house. Pumps working hard but the water keeps on coming at least it is clean water. Three homes 1/4 mile away are now condemned . Never in 50 years have we seen any thing like this. Fancy sump pumps on order but water lever is a lot of water. Still started some seeds this afternoon and feel sort of puny and dazed.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Is there a road into your forest? My god it looks dense. It looks like Mirkwood.

Reply to
Billy

Still have to discard some furniture from two houses soon.

Reply to
Bill who putters

I don't know how you can find anything in that eternal twilight under the forest's canopy. I presume that the small clearing that I can see from 423 miles up, must be where your house is. It's not really a clearing, just fewer trees ;O)

Billy, turning it up and listening to tinnitus on mp3.

Reply to
Billy