19 year olds allotment diary

hi,

also dont get some words :P pomme

sorry for interrupting this convo :PP

just realised this allotment word is a UK thing, but thinking to not just use it exclusively anymore and also to make make a new independant webpage/blog.

can you guys tell me how you found me because my site hasnt been very google friendly so far(i'm just dont think this has sent correctly)

Reply to
Matthew Kaczmarczyk

AFAIK "pomme"or "pommie" is a slang,slightly uncomplimentary, term for a Bris.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Are you sure?

Brooklyn1

You have a very bad stutter.

Reply to
Billy

I thought an abris was a circumcision ;O)

Reply to
Billy

AFAIK "pomme"or "pommie" is a slang,slightly uncomplimentary, term for a Bris. _________________________________________ Actually it's Pom or Pommie or, if pushed beyond the bounds of normal politeness, Pommie Bastard.

Whan Prince Cahrles was in Australia in this youth going to school ofr a term or two, his nickname amongst his schoolmates at his very exclusive boy's school was apparently The Pommie Bastard.

Reply to
Farm1

____________________________________________ 'Pom' is the correct spelling. The nickname that Austrlian's use for Brits is Pom or Pommie. It can be used affectionately or as a term of abuse. How you interprete it would depend upon context and it's also situational.

Mat: just realised this allotment word is a UK thing, but thinking to not just use it exclusively anymore and also to make make a new independant webpage/blog. _________________________________________________ It's nat just a UK thing. Taht word and all it means is understood in many parts of the English speaking world, just not in the US.

Mat:can you guys tell me how you found me because my site hasnt been very google friendly so far ________________________________________ ????We found your site because you posted here mentioning it. If you mean what do we think of it, then I found it interesting enough to look at it again. I really liked what you'd done with your chimney stacks.

Reply to
Farm1