Subject Author Posted Replies

Photinia cuttings
Has anyone stuck Photinia Robusta and/or Photinia glabra rubra from cuttings? If so, I've a few questions relating to; - how did you do it, - what size cuttings did you use, - what kind of wood, -...
2
2

Culed pepper leaves
Some of my peppers have curled leaves along their length as if rolled like tube. Not overwatering, not over feeding. I have them in new pots with Sta-Green planting mix. Could it be the cool weather?...

help from anyone else with a scotts drop spreader
I've recently bought a Scott's EverGreen drop spreader to fertilise my lawn. There are 2 sets of numbers on the dial. I've looked through the instructions but they don't seem to tell me what the...
4
4

Help Please !!!
Hello, I have a small problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a photographer and I what to make a stop frame animation of a flower, so every day I will take a image of the flower and then...
7
7

Blueberry cross-fertilization
Is it necessary? I finally -- after waiting literally decades! -- got a pair of blueberry bushes that had been adapted to need much less winter chill, so can be grown in So. Calif coastal. The...
3
3

Bllueberries - So. Calif coastal
Nursery told me cross-pollination was necessary. So I finally -- after waiting literally decades! -- got a pair of blueberry bushes that had been adapted to need much less winter chill, so can be...
1
1

Plumeria Flowers Have Different Faces
One plumeria plant offers different "faces" depending on where and how it's grown. Colors of plumeria flowers depend on temperature, humidity, cloud cover, sunlight and grow lights. The first picture...
2
2

What Plant is this and can i cut it back
hi im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me A..what plant/bush it is B..can i cut it back/will it grow back if there is...
5
5

New threats by Monsanto to family farmers
headline: Family Farm Defenders: Monsanto's failure to provide binding legal covenant to protect family farmers threatened by GMO contamination necessitates amended complaint 6/3/2011 NEW YORK - June...
2
2

Honeysuckle - Not sure what to do with it!
Hi all We have a lovely honeysuckle plant that was planted a couple of years ago. It was planted with a metal teepee to allow it to climb. The only problem is now it has outgrown the teepee. Do these...
3
3

Storing rainwater for plant watering? any views on this
This is not an advert, although I do sell this equipment (see advert section), but I am wondering what everyone's experience with using water saving equipment is. Have you methods in place, and do...
7
7

Compost!
I am loving life here. The local supermarkets have, over the last couple of years, taken to putting a large waste can next to the corn bin, lined with a plastic bag. The customers shuck their corn...

Cutting down Cypress trees (cheaply and easily!)
Hello there, A group of friends and I have been gradually chopping down some Cypress trees in my garden under instruction from my insurance company as they're causing subsidence in my house. We've...
6
6

Best cut flower!
A while back I posted an "ID this plant" query. It was identified by you nice people as "Godetia". This has been the most prolific, most long-lasting, most outright gorgeous flower in my garden. It...

Compost
I'm new to gardenig and have a question about compost that I've been using for containers. I bought it at the end of last summer and it's been stored in my shed but thanks to a leak it's got really...
3
3