Transfer switch & furnaces

I'm installing a transfer switch (Reliance Controls 310A). The generator I'll be using (Honda eu2000i) only produces 120v, so I won't be switching any 240v circuits.

We have two furnaces in the basement, they operate independently but share a junction box with two receptacles.

At the electrical panel, there are two adjacent 15A breakers tied together. 14/3 wire runs from the panel to the junction, where red is wired to one receptacle and black to the other.

So the furnaces each get 120v 15a on two different phases. My take on this is that it was an easy way to wire the two furnaces (don't strictly need to be on opposite phases), and the breaker tie is needed because they share a junction box (safety issue, both must be disabled with a single breaker throw).

Now, is there anything that would prevent me from wiring both of these up in the transfer switch? I would tie the two 15a breakers in the transfer switch, of course. But during an outage, the furnaces would be on the single 120v supply from the generator.

Thoughts?

Reply to
SteveK