Open ground hot neutral reverse.

I’m adding a basement bathroom. For electric, I ran wire to a nearby j-box. When I powered everything up, my tester showed a hot/neutral reverse, but the wires are connected correctly. If I disconnect the ground, it just shows open ground. What problem am I missing?

Reply to
Cbhenders

Check for crossed wires at the junction box. Or further up to the panel itself. They're definitely crossed at one of those points, there's no other explanation

Reply to
passerby