Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Garlic storage games
I have been experimenting with garlic storage to get it to last as long as possible as I only grow one crop per year. Usually I plant in March and harvest in October. I always hang and dry after...
1
1

More Squash Bug Questions
Pulling weeks around the new batch of Cucumbers and Zucchini this morning i am seeing squash bugs again. I looked at the leaves and do not see any egg s (ok not every leaf but a most of them) even on...
3
3

Dry Farming
Anyone in the NG have experience with so-called "dry farming"? If I'm correctly understanding what I'm reading on the W3, there exist two basic practices, both called "dry" farming: Simply put, one...
12
12

Quite possibly
the best BLT I've ever eaten . 4 slices of thick cut hickory cured bacon , a smattering of lettuce , and 2 half-inch thick slices of Big Boy tomato still warm from the sun on whole wheat toast . Juice...
1
1

Question for Garlic Mavens
I copied the following text from a garlic cultist's web site. The author grows garlic in Texas: My question is: "Do you actually do all of this stuff"?
3
3

natural farming
having read through: _the One Straw Revolution_ _the Natural Way of Farming_ _the Road Back to Nature_ _Sowing Seeds in the Desert_ it would be difficult to give a long review of them. much is...
5
5

Epsom Salts Results
A while back I asked the group about using Epsom Salts. Thanks again for al l of your responses. I wanted to tell everyone that this is the best crop o f Peppers I have ever grown. The Bells are...
1
1

I have had
nightmares of being buried under mounds of cucumbers and zucchinis with a garnish of tomatoes and jalapenos .
5
5

cherries wasp damage ,can i eat
hello, my cherries have bites taken out of them from wasps. are they ok to still eat. maybe make jam etc. thank you
2
2

Sunflower Problems with Spruce?
Has anyone heard of sunflowers having problems coexisting with spruce trees? I have a patch that I've planted with sunflowers (Mammoth) for 8 years or so. It is bordered by a row of forsythias and...
1
1

Stirrings
Well the weather is still cold but I notice that birds now have nesting material in their beaks and when separating a rhubarb today, there are faint stirrings in the all sorts of things amongst the...
42
42

Unknown herb
Can anyone identify this herb? I hope it is for memory.
12
12

garlic mostly done
at least until we get more rain or i have more energy for digging. the easy garlic is in (200 cloves planted in the one sandy loam garden i do have). most if is moderate to large sized heads....

Now Picking
Right now I am picking tomatoes, eggplant. cukes and bell peppers. The tomatoes are pitiful but I am getting a few each day. The peppers are getting up to a good size and thick skin. Will see what is...
2
2

a few lily tree flower pics
songbird http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8100_Lily.jpg http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8098_Lily.jpg