Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

vegi scraps bucket?
Hi All, You guys have mentioned that yo stick your vegi scraps into a bucket, then bury. Any special bucket? Any special type of metal/plastic? Do you seal it with a lid? Many thanks, -T
7
7

drainage on sprouting cups?
Hi All, Should my peat cups I use to sprout seeds have drainage or should they sit in their own water? Many thanks, -T
2
2

Do sow bugs eat my sprouts?
Hi All, Found some sow bugs in my sprouting cups. (I killed them all.) Do they eat my sprouts? -T
2
2

What are those white things?
It's been so long since we've seen those big, fluffy white clouds that we couldn't believe them. No rain today, bright sunshine, blue skies, birds singing, water not falling from the sky. Maybe we can...

Mo' Rain
Another 1.4 inches of rain overnight and it's drizzling this morning. I would worry about alligator's coming into the pond behind us but I expect all the turtles would eat them. We're picking squash,...
1
1

Update!!
It's starting to rain again, we saw the sun for about an hour. Main drag in front of our subdivision is flooding again both north and south of us. Luckily there's a supermarket in between so we won't...
3
3

Need rain? Move to Texas
Another three plus inches this afternoon, my crowder peas are about eight feet long now. Tomatoes and peppers are about five feet tall. Probably have to fertilize if we get any sunshine any time soon,...
1
1

Picking the garden
Picked a small bucket of sweet chilies, eggplant, kale, two or three sorts of lettuce and one lone cucumber. Had a good bit of the pickings in our dinner salad this evening. Black crowders are making...
44
44

Flooding
This is a video taken by a drone and the area is just a few miles north of where we live. Looks like a lot of high dollar homes in The Woodlands, Texas are wet now. Flooding in this area is still...

Surplus Gypsum
Get yourself one of those seed slingers at a big box store. I bought one years ago and use it to sling pelleted gypsum on the lawn. Our home was built on clay with a two inch layer of sand. Builder...
3
3

Rain
Yesterday afternoon around 4 pm the sun went away. Dark clouds covered our area and then the rain came,mostly off and on drenches. When it ended we had received 4.5 inches of rain. Today is also...

Re: Pain Killers For Sale
Definitely NOT legal , might be a sting . Might be for real but I wouldn't touch it ... I killfile all drug sales solicitations right away .

Mulching downsides
I started year-before-last to use a straw mulch to help control weeds and add some organic matter to our soil here . This in addition to going pesticide-free because of our bees has caused a...
10
10

$80.00 per gallon? Seriously?
Is this a joke? We make the best soil blends, mulches and all-natural compost in Nevada to create beyond organic, nutrient-rich products so lively, happy plants flourish.
2
2

perfect weather
i love it out there, wish my body could go longer, but each day goes a few minutes more as i get back into shape. this week's (and part of last week too) project has been working on the north garden....