Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re(2): Green Grape Tomatoes
As I recall, the green grape were nearly as large as the other heirloom plants, certainly at least 1/2 to 2/3. Nothing has been as large as the Sun Golds. However, my garden may very well not be...

Re: Nitron for tomatoes?
It's possible that the soil is too high in nitrogen. This will produce large healthy plants with little or no fruit. simon

What Variety Pea for Tender Greens?
I learned to cook with pea greens (especially stir fries) when we lived up in Madison and I shopped at the Farmer's Market there. Now we have our own garden again but we don't know which peas are...
7
7

Re(2): Earthworms
Yes, I saw that. I really appreciate your posting the information in the context in which it was written. It makes perfect sense in that situation. It is certainly understandable how earthworms (and...

Zuchinni problem
This year when my zucchini get about 6 inches long they turn black on both ends and get soft. What could be causing this?
4
4

Green Grape Tomatoes
I am growing green grape tomatoes for the second year in a row, and have observed them to be smaller, lower yielding, and later to mature than any of the other 25 or so heirloom varieties I've tried....
1
1

Looking for companion plant suggestions
I am going to be planting some raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and rhubarb. Are there plants that are known to do well when planted with any of these?
1
1

Re: Blackwalnut Tree and an Asparugus Bed
Just lop it off a couple of times. Contrary to popular myth, juglone doesn't instantly kill everything it touches. the effect from a one year tree will be trivial. There's more information about both...
1
1

SunSugar tomato
x-no-archive: yes I found a SunSugar tomato plant at my local garden center, and thought I'd give it a try. It's supposed to be an earlier variety, a cherry-type tomato. This is the first time I've...
9
9

new user
Hi I am new to your forum so all you experts get ready to answer my seemingly silly questions, is there any pot leek growers out there ? -- Murf...
10
10

Re: Getting started with fruit trees and bushes
Sher, I'd like to suggest waiting until evening to plant. This way they get a better head start before having to deal with the sun. Another suggest ion is to keep an eye on the weather and, if...
1
1

Re: Apricot seedling
I just wanted to ask if anyone has any infromation about seeding and starting fruit trees from the pits? Specifically peach, apricot and plum? Thank you for any info or even a good reference to find...
4
4

question about seeding fruit trees
I just wanted to ask if anyone has any infromation about seeding and starting fruit trees from the pits? Specifically peach, apricot and plum? Thank you for any info or even a good reference to find...
7
7

Earthworms
Anybody see the July 7 article about earthworms in the Wall Street Journal? It seems that people are finally learning that worms are not the wonderful things the worm dealers would have us think....
25
25

Re(2): No water. No shade. No hope?
For those that are lucky enough to have rain barrels, Mosquito Dunks will keep the mosquitoes from reproducing. They can be purchased at pond supply stores and feed stores. They work! I put them in my...
1
1