Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lovage seedling
Hello, I planted some lovage seeds over a month ago. I have some seedlings, but unfortunately I don't know if these are weeds. I did not use sterilized soil so the weeds are coming up with the lovage....
4
4

Help! Tomato blossoms dropping off!
Hi, I have 4 tomatoes in containers and all are looking vigorous & healthy with many blossoms. I've already eaten several Sungolds, and two of the other plants have set fruit. I'm worried about the...
3
3

What will grow well in containers in shade either now or next spring?
Hi folks, I have a weird gardening space at my new place (where I moved in on May 25). Due to neighborhood rules that I don't really have the energy to challenge, I'm only allowed to plant trees and...
10
10

Only one pepper
I have a couple of pepper plants that look healthy and have many blossoms, but they turn yellow and fall off. I haven't noticed any insects on them. One plant has a pepper about 2 inches and...
10
10

Is it too late to plant pole beans in Wisconsin?
Hi folks, In your opinion, is it too late to plant pole beans in Wisconsin? For a number of reasons (primarily, moving house at the end of May), I am running behind this year, and didn't get anything...
5
5

Re: Newbie
What a neat idea! I did a quick Advanced Google for "potager", and got a lot of French sites (which I can read). Also it asked me if I wanted sites in English, so I told it "Yes" and got http:// had a...
1
1

"Spiny" cucumbers
Some cukes about ready to harvest, la, la, la, la, la! Anybody know why infant cukes have those "spines" all over, whch kinds smooth down in maturity? A defense mechanism for critters that would eat...
6
6

Sugar Baby Watermelon ??s
Sugar baby watermelons were recommended to me for my area in several references I checked. I must be doing something wrong. I am getting small vines, really small, but long with watermelony looking...
1
1

Re: Pepper fruit size
No no. They will NOT ripen off the plant like tomatoes. Anyway, tomatoes are much better left on the vines to ripen unless you are expecting a killing frost. Peppers will eventually ripen on the...
11
11

Need advice on Cherry trees
Hi, I'm new to this group and gardening, having just bought my first house. I am currently attempting to tame my back garden (the previous owners had done nothing for a whole year), once I have...
3
3

are all elderberries edible?
Are all varieties of elderberry edible? Regards, Dianna _______________________________________________ To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.
7
7

Re: snow peas
Oregons have always been one of my favorite and most productive snow peas. They are prolific here in 5b Missouri if we get them in very early (like end of Feb if the ground can be worked). They can...
2
2

Please help id tomato disease
Help! Last week I noticed some black curled edges on a few tomato leaves and now it appears to be spreading fast. It's mostly on one plant but another has started to show the same symptoms - and I...
4
4

Problems with size of fruits.
I am getting tons of large leaves, but the fruit on the ends are very tiny. Particularly radishes and carrots. Am I having a fertalizer problem or have I not given them time to grow yet. All planted...
7
7

Bare root asian pear fruiting in first year
I planted a bare root asian pear without much pruning (removed 2 lower branches out of a total 5) back in March. It didn't grow very well as I don't see much side branches coming out but the leaves...
2
2