Zone information

This may seem like a dumb question, but it is obviously quite important in order to get anything out of a lot of the conversations here. What is the standard guidlines for zones across the U.S. I have heard my area called zone 5, and zone 7. I live in Western Washington, around Tacoma.

Is there a website that plots these zones across the U.S? I Just want to make sure that I am on the same page as everyone else, when asking questions, and getting info from other posts.

Thanks a lot.

-Steve Michaelson (Newbie Gardener)

Reply to
Steve Michaelson

You should be zone 8a (USDA). Local microclimate might vary slightly.

I think the 'zone 5' is from the Sunset gardening zones (which take into account more than just the winter low temperatures).

USDA Zone map:

Zone look-up (by zip code):
to Sunset Climate Zones for Washington (careful, line wrap):

Pat Kiewicz

McQualude

Thank you both very much. It is 8a. That is just what I was looking for!

Thanks Again,

-Steve Michaelson

Reply to
Steve Michaelson