winter garden pic's photobucket album

g'day friends,

here are some pics on our at photo bucket.

including frost damage:

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

len garden

you in Sydney (?) eh.

We have had a few decent frosts our winter though this last month a shit load of rain, just continues pissing down day after day. I'd love a good frost about now, means the rian will've buggered off. You let your broccoli grow quite big I note. I put some in over summer & harvested the big first heads. The broccoli has kept going nicely through autumn n winter and is poking up loads of little heads that go very nice in stir frys. Not enough time for them to get big.

rob

Reply to
George.com

g'day rob,

i live near brisbane queensland, and while we don't suffer frosts like others even here in australia we do get them one reason why we like living in sub-tropical east coast climates our biggest contender is long hot dry summers, it was the black frost that did the most damage.

yes i let the first heads grow as big as they want to i pick them as soon as the tops start feeling loose, i have harvested upo to 8 picks from my broccolli, most second onward picks are no bigger than fist size and anything smaller than that, i use it all the same way as the first picks like eating broccolli in lots of ways. also always get to share a lot of broccolli. the biggest one wa around 11"s across the widest part.

ta

snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

len garden