Well no wonder !

Terry Coombs wrote:

when you have poor garden soil, extra road kill is one of the best things you can add to it, just bury it deeply enough and the other animals won't bother it.
i've been burying everything in the gardens here for years and the soil is getting pretty good by now in some gardens. have way too many to improve all of them at once so i pick a few each year to add more things too. it all helps. organic matter and trace nutrients in all life is best to not waste when the soil is poor.
if i had a tougher stomach i'd pick up road kill other than what gets hit out front. it's that valuable... a few deer or a connection to a meat/deer processor would be interesting, but i have memories of my first gf's business place where they chopped up beefs and some barrels that stank beyond stank. just no real stomach for that sort of thing. wish i had.
songbird
On 8/15/2018 4:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote: Squirrels too . Unless you get a head or upper spine shot they ain't

Same thing happened to all of our tomatoes. One day they were loaded, and the next day hubby goes out to pick them green and they're all gone. He hates tree rats.
--
Maggie

On 8/12/2018 2:28 PM, Frank wrote:

  OK , I know most of y'all don't have the conditions I do here living out in the woods . So trap the l'il sucker , carry him out into the woods (so to speak) and cap him there .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 8/12/2018 4:43 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

If I could shoot out back, I'd use my .22LR. Trapping laws vary and around here you can trap and kill but not release off your property. I trap and release anyway. When I was still working in the lab with access to chemicals an older chemist told me to pour a bottle of chloroform down the groundhog's burrow where the heavy vapor would settle underground in the tunnel bottom. Groundhog would go in and get anesthetized permanently. It worked for one in my back yard.
On 08/12/2018 03:50 PM, Frank wrote:

en

-hart

here

nd

? I

d get

Have you tried dry ice down their holes?
On 8/15/2018 1:52 AM, T wrote:

No but it might work too. I prefer the Hav-a-hart and tell people I relocate them to more affluent neighborhoods.
I took a couple with a bow at deer camp I used to go to. Taste like chicken.
On 08/12/2018 04:50 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

ding

.

,

I have a lot of customers up in the mountains. The have to build fully enclosed enclosures if they want a garden. And they have to line the floor with bricks or tile to keep critters from digging under the walls. The enclosures look pretty, but they tend to be awfully small. Would only fit 1/5 of my garden.
On 08/12/2018 04:50 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

ding

.

,

Guys! Guys!
This is the proper way to deal with a squirrel!
Christmas Vacation Squirrel - National Lampoons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdiXSsFp29s

On 8/16/2018 11:49 AM, T wrote:

Our son last used my Hav-a-hart to catch a squirrel in his house. I had got in the space between the fireplace chimney and sleeve. He opened a vent in his living room and put the trap there but it took a couple of days. Another son had a squirrel die in the space and it cost him nearly a thousand bucks to have a fireplace guy remove the squirrel that another contractor to redo the outer wall that had to be cut into to get the maggot laden squirrel out.
On 08/16/2018 09:06 AM, Frank wrote:

I had

ned a

Oh my!
On 8/17/2018 12:54 PM, T wrote:

Now I'm reminded of another encounter with a critter. We had rented a house with a washer and drier in the basement. The drier stopped working and my wife called the repairman and it was going to take a few days. It was hot in the summer and I looked at the drier and smelled death. I told her to call the repairman to get him out right away. I was at work when he came but what had happened was a rabbit had crawled into the drier vent and died when my wife went to use it. Wife said that the repairman removed the rabbit, went outside with it and threw up. The basement was full of maggots and we had cats there and wife called an exterminator to get rid of the maggots. The smell never left the drier and we were moving shortly into a new house so we didn't suffer financial consequence since the drier belonged to the homeowner.
On 08/17/2018 11:05 AM, Frank wrote:

een

He

it