Well no wonder !

Death to squash bugs! Death to earwigs! Death to squirrels ???

Can you plow them under for fertilizer?

We hear the constant crackle of gun fire all the time. Virtually no crime and everyone leave their car doors unlocked and the houses unlocked.

At night we hear the coyotes. (They keep the neighborhood outdoor cat population to a minimum. I don't crap on your lawn. Don't send your animals to crap on mine.)

Hmmmm. If I get too much zucchini ...

Guys! Guys!

This is the proper way to deal with a squirrel!

Christmas Vacation Squirrel - National Lampoons

Then you don't have a problem.

Reply to
Frank

Our son last used my Hav-a-hart to catch a squirrel in his house. I had got in the space between the fireplace chimney and sleeve. He opened a vent in his living room and put the trap there but it took a couple of days. Another son had a squirrel die in the space and it cost him nearly a thousand bucks to have a fireplace guy remove the squirrel that another contractor to redo the outer wall that had to be cut into to get the maggot laden squirrel out.

Reply to
Frank

Oh my!

Now I'm reminded of another encounter with a critter. We had rented a house with a washer and drier in the basement. The drier stopped working and my wife called the repairman and it was going to take a few days. It was hot in the summer and I looked at the drier and smelled death. I told her to call the repairman to get him out right away. I was at work when he came but what had happened was a rabbit had crawled into the drier vent and died when my wife went to use it. Wife said that the repairman removed the rabbit, went outside with it and threw up. The basement was full of maggots and we had cats there and wife called an exterminator to get rid of the maggots. The smell never left the drier and we were moving shortly into a new house so we didn't suffer financial consequence since the drier belonged to the homeowner.

Reply to
Frank

  I could , but I'd rather leave them out in the woods for the carrion-eaters .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

And you don't risk the carrion eater digging them up either.

Coyotes are amazing at cleaning up dead animals.

when you have poor garden soil, extra road kill is one of the best things you can add to it, just bury it deeply enough and the other animals won't bother it.

i've been burying everything in the gardens here for years and the soil is getting pretty good by now in some gardens. have way too many to improve all of them at once so i pick a few each year to add more things too. it all helps. organic matter and trace nutrients in all life is best to not waste when the soil is poor.

if i had a tougher stomach i'd pick up road kill other than what gets hit out front. it's that valuable... a few deer or a connection to a meat/deer processor would be interesting, but i have memories of my first gf's business place where they chopped up beefs and some barrels that stank beyond stank. just no real stomach for that sort of thing. wish i had.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

On 8/15/2018 4:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote: Squirrels too . Unless you get a head or upper spine shot they ain't

Same thing happened to all of our tomatoes. One day they were loaded, and the next day hubby goes out to pick them green and they're all gone. He hates tree rats.

Reply to
Muggles