clippings?

Hi All,
Three of my four Choke Berries (not cherries) are thriving. The fourth died on me.
I read that Choke Berries can able propagate with clippings. So, I clipped about an eight inch branch off the biggest one, removed the leaves from the bottom four inches and stuck it in the ground (where the dead one use to reside) up to about four inches.
All the leaves died. But the branch is still green for over two weeks now, so I keep watering it.
What should I have done differently?
Many thanks, -T
On 8/14/2018 11:17 PM, T wrote:

Lightly scraped the bark on the lower 2"-3" , dipped it in rooting hormone , and planted it in a small flower pot . Water well , then cover loosely with a plastic bag to retain moisture . Wait .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
Terry Coombs wrote: ...

and keep it mostly (95%)in the shade.
where T's at is likely to cook about anything in the sun...
songbird
On 08/15/2018 07:16 AM, songbird wrote:

Ya, no fooling. Cooler actually that California's central valley. We are the "high" desert.
This one gets some shade from a Ponderosa pine and a fence.
The branch is still green, so ...
On 08/15/2018 04:35 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Thank you!