Wasp spray in veggie garden... OK?

Several weeks ago I was getting the veggie garden ready and hit a large colony of ants. I know that ants are *supposed* to be harmless, but... last year the mound some ants dug hammered several of my golden pepper bell plants. Without thinking long enough, I reached into my shed and grabbed the first thing I could see which was wasp spray and saturated a 4'x4' area.

It has rained quite a bit since (SW PA zone 5b or 6ish) and now I'm wandering if there is any significant problem with putting bush beans or bush cukes in that little sector?

I'm sure some will flame this... have at it... but I'm really looking for any definitive answers, so I'll just have to ignore a few of those to get to the useful stuff, I suppose.

thanks

Reply to
Ralph D.

Look at the wasp spray ingredients. Most wasp sprays use a petrolium base to instantly kill wasps and that evaporates very fast. (Throw a half cup of gasoline on a wasp nest and they are dead before they hit the ground. And the gas evaporates in a few minutes). Most insecticides have an active life of 10-14 days, a lot less with rain. So I would feel safe in planting in the area.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.