vegies and pee

I've noticed that after eating asparagus my pee really stinks. Other vegies that makes me notice are radish and onion.

What foods make you reek? Is it true eating meat make you stink? I've heard eating sheep gives one BO.

Reply to
James

Asapragus pee is a famous subject on rec.food.cooking... I'm not going to go there on anything else. ;-)

Do some googling. ;-)

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

A former neighbor (great mom, but dumb as a bag of hammers) didn't know what eating beets would do to your turds. Turns the toilet water purplish red. Her 7 yr old son loved beets, so I let him eat about a dozen from my garden and told him the plan. Next day, she came over really pissed off at me. The kid set her up BUT GOOD. She dialed 911, thinking he was bleeding internally. She cancelled the call when she noticed him turning red in the face from trying not to laugh.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks for that... Too funny!

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Try eating a lot of carrots. I juice my carrots, and soon the pee turns orange. You can be stinky AND colorful.

Reply to
Paul

ROFL!!!!

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Try some naturally fermented asparagus (pickled asparagus - aged in a salt brine) I make a few batches of the stuff every aspargus season.

-sw

Reply to
Steve Wertz

Eat an entire bag of Twizzlers black licorice... Lurid Phosphorescent Green - actually glows in the dark!

ET

Reply to
Sheldon

Priceless fun with food. Love it.

Ooo.. now that I'll have to try. I love pretty much anything pickled. I've even got a quart of brine from some pre-pack pickles waiting for my next victim.

The SO's sister had a paint horse - black and white. She fed the horse so many carrots as a treat, we used to call him the Halloween Horse - he was black and orange.

-SD-

Reply to
-SD-

You are all such sick cookies!!!!! ;)

Jen

Reply to
Jen

When my daughter was a baby she loved orange vegetables and fruits so much that she actually developed a golden tone to her very pale skin. The pediatrician called it a "sweet potato tan" and assured me that it was harmless.

Kathleen

Reply to
Kathleen

Carotenosis.

Reply to
Sheldon

So you've smelled our farts, then.

(Pickled asparagus farts are da bomb).

-sw

Reply to
Steve Wertz

Nah.

Kimchee farts......

;-)

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

OK, folks. Don't let this conversation get so bad that you say something that will prevent you from becoming President some day. ;-)

Reply to
Paul

;-D

I've no regrets...

Thank you very much!

I have faith that Steve will come up with something even better.......

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Kimchee isn't really food. Actual food shouldn't be able to clean the tarnish off of metals. (Coca cola anyone?)

An old roommate of mine used to make kimchee that peeled the paint off of the inside of our fridge. He said it was "really good shit." He had other bad habits too, but I still loved him...

And my SIL makes a salsa that will peel paint in the kitchen, if my brother leaves the lid off the jar.

Jan, with pedestrian tastebuds

Reply to
Jan Flora

Bob M.