veggies that don't mind having wet feet

zone 5 USA.

i'll have an area next year that could be planted, but i'm not sure what would do well there.

full sun. soil will be 6-8 inches of decent sandy loam, on top of a layer of sand, a layer of gravel and then there will be clay.

this area is likely to be flooded at times (but not over the top) so that the roots will likely be damp to wet for a longer spells than many garden plants might be liking.

the garden is about 15ft long and roughly triangular with the widest part being about 3ft across tapering down to 1.5ft.

which veggies might do well?

i am expanding production of strawberries so i will have plenty of extra plants in the summer. so that is one consideration for sure.

any other ideas?

eventually i'll be filling it in more, but that is unlikely to happen for a few years yet.

thanks. :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Give water cress a try. It appears in sandy areas along my stream bank every year. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek

cress

Reply to
Billy

My great grandparents harvested horseradish that grew along streams on their dairy farms. Be cautioned that horseradish is extremely hard to kill once it gets established.

Reply to
Doug Freyburger

Hello

I have to reply to this link for a class I am taking. Sorry but I don't have any ideas for you! lol But I wish you luck in your endeavors! ;)

Jessica

Reply to
jseidler11

From what august institute of learning do you learn nothing but get told to make empty replies to usenet posts instead?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

haha, no i won't be planting horseradish as while i do like a little once in a while i don't like enough of it to grow it. as this garden is part of the area where i've been knocking back the horsetail i'm not looking for yet another invasive to track down.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Troll U