Thoughts in the Garden

Not much chatter rec.gardens.edible. I suppose that, like myself, many of you are hanging around your germinating seeds, looking for life, and cheering them on. So, while waiting for the gray clouds to blow away and le beau temps to return, I offer a thought for your consideration.

Thoughts in the Garden

. . . Here at the fountain's sliding foot, Or at some fruit-tree's mossy root, Casting the body's vest aside, My soul into the boughs doth glide; There, like a bird, it sits and sings, Then whets and preens its silver wings, And, till prepared for longer flight, Waves in its plumes the varied light.. . .

Andrew Marvell

1621-1678

William Rose