Spicy preserves

I came up with an extra gallon of blackberries this week, so I decided to get creative. My grandmother's blackberry jam was a part of my life as long as she lived (grandpa was a heck of a berry picker). She gave me her recipe before she passed and surprise, it's the same as on a box of pectin. I decided to make jam, but my tastebuds appreciate spice a lot more than they used to so I added a dozen finely chopped jalapenos (seeds and ribs included) to the cooking berries. The wife thought I was nuts! Wow! this is jam for adults! I'm thinking glaze for pork shoulder or ribs or DUCK! Later people, I'm off to the market!

Reply to
Steve Peek