Speaking of Pickles.....

Anyone who saw the old "Andy Griffith Show" episode about Aunt Bee's pickles will get a kick out of this:

Oh the County Fair's a big ole time There's rides and food and fun There's contests for the women folk There's ribbons to be won

Well they got themselves in an awful fix Just tryin' to be nice Replaced a batch of her sour dills And boy they paid the price

Please, please Aunt Bee Don't make no pickles for me I done ate 5 jars, can't take no more Of them pickles, please Aunt Bee

Miss Clara's pride was awful deep She tries so hard ya know A scrapbook fulla blue ribbons Eleven years in a row

Aunt Bee she can grow them cucumbers I'd swear her thumb is green But they swapped out her pickles for the storebought kind Hers taste like kerosene

Please, please Aunt Bee Don't make no pickles for me I done ate 5 jars, can't take no more Of them pickles, please Aunt Bee

Well she took a bite of those decoy dills And decided then and there It was high time she did it, she was gonna win A blue ribbon at the fair

An awful mess, that's what they'd made From this simple plan they'd hatched So they ate all the pickles and they asked Aunt Bee Could you make us another batch?

It all ended well, Bee's pickles didn't win That ribbon gave Clara a dozen All Andy and Barney and Opie could say is I guess we gotta learn to love em!

Please, please Aunt Bee Don't make no pickles for me I done ate 5 jars, can't take no more Of them pickles, please Aunt Bee

King Pineapple