Salsa recipes ?

The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've wanted to try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll need cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes ... and can't forget the garlic !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I think a bit of lime juice is a nice addition.

Reply to
Steve Peek

Added to my shopping list , along with some cilantro .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Go here:

Lots of salsa recipes and how to properly preserve them.

There are several people, myself included, that will give you help on preserving your own food on rec.food.preserving. The University of Georgia site above is great and about the only safe food preservation site on the web since USDA has mostly discontinued theirs. A number of people on this list are on that one too.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

We have an agreement , the wife and I . I prepare the soil , plant the seeds , weed the garden , tend the plants , and harvest the results . But my wife does the really hard part , she preserves it for later use ... Sorry , I just hadda say it . I'll be checking that site out , we're going to be getting heavier into preserving our own food . My biggest problem is that I can't grow enough of everything we like to have a decent batch to can all at once . Leaves freezing as the best option in many cases . BTW , I come from Mormon roots , and one thing my Granny did was can . Grandpa useta plant a couple of rows of sweet corn on the farm for their larder . And I recall this HUGE garden at the house , but I was really small .

Reply to
Terry Coombs