Rhubarb??

Can one grow Rhubarb in containers? and do they like manure? Like to know as I have 2 bulbs to plant Rrgards Graham

Reply to
Graham Feeley

It would need to be a large container, the larger the better. And yes they love manure, plant directly into well rotted manure and watch it go. hence the large containers obviously.

I dont think it's actually bulbs you've got, but what we call crowns in UK, I don't know about US, but anyway let's not fall out over terminology.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thanks for the advise, and yes they are crowns.(LOL( Regards Graham

Reply to
Graham Feeley

Growing rhubarb in containers? I have thought of that also. But, the rhubarb plants I have seen have roots three feet plus long. The roots don't seem to have 'hair' type roots. Just long tap roots...three plus feet long. How they would do in a container, I'm not sure. You could try it as an experiment but you would be assured of success by planting in the ground....with lots of manure and lots of water...Good luck. Bill

Reply to
Bill