Re: Best cuke for flesh/seed ratio?

I find that "Straight Eight" by Burpee is a very blocky, medium

> sized cucumber with small seeds and is very crunchy. I have used > them several times in pickle recipes with great success. I also > hate seedy cucumbers.

Thanks; I'll look that one up for next year.

Reply to
Aaron Baugher

My Armenians are very crunchy with much fewer seeds than normal and long....... very long lol. I am also looking for other cukes with fewer seeds.

Reply to
Phaedrine Stonebridge

I am growing a variety called "National Pickling Cucumber" and they have a nice ratio. They are also about the right size to fit whole in a jar. Pretty prolific, too.

Bill

Reply to
Noydb