Question about 2-stroke engines

Nope. I live in New York in the Mid-Hudson Valley. Dry? *Far* from it. When I was getting ready to put the bike or Vettes to "sleep" for the winter I'd always run the tank to at least 1/4, then add stabil and fill up with the highest octane I could find and run it long enough to make sure that the carb/lines were full of the stabilized gas. Put 'em away on a Battery Tender Plus and that was it until I took 'em outta mothballs in the Spring.

I do the same thing with all of my equipment. Full tank and stabilized fuel for storage and forget about them. No problems with any of 'em.

Reply to
Steve Calvin

I always use stabil in the 2-cycle mix.

I keep at least two cans of gas on hand for four cycle engines. One can is normally fresh and used for equipment where I expect to refuel in less than a month. The other is always stabilized, and it is used to fuel rarely used equipment (generator, chipper, ...). In the fall I usually put stabil into both so that all the equipment has stabilized fuel thru-out, in case I don't use it again until spring.

Works great. No problems since I started doing this (10 years ago?).

Oh, and I'm in a very dry climate. (SW Idaho, ~ 12in annual precip which comes mostly october to april).

sdb

Reply to
Sylvan Butler