peppers and greenhouse

Hi folks.

This is my first year with growing my own veg - and I am learning slowly. As I eat a lot of peppers, I would like to stat growing my own BELL PEPPERS next year.

I've read quite a few stories about how difficult they are to grow - I'm guessing becuase the UK has short summers??

I am prepared to buy/build a greenhouse. Will it need to be heated for success ? Can anyone tell me how to go about this in order to maximize success - I cant seem to find a diffinitive guide on how best to grow them.

Regards Joe.

Reply to
Joe Shmoe

You may want to investigate inexpensive hoop houses before spending a lot on a green house.

Whether or no you would need a heater depends on location, and agricultural practices. Starting peppers inside under grow lights and then moving them to clear, or black plastic covered beds can speed up the harvest date.

Reply to
Billy