Pepper seeds not true.....

I purchased several varieties of pepper seeds this year from Tomato Growers Supply including a "reduced heat Habanero" named Aji Dulce. Was supposed to look and taste like a red habanero without the enormous heat. The fruit that grew looks and taste nothing like described and would probably best be described as a yellow cayenne type fruit. Also, tried Cascabel which is supposed to be a round cherry pepper shape and that one is growing fruit that is shaped like a regular bell pepper. My question is this, has anyone in this group ordered seeds from this place and did you have any similar problems? I will be writing this company soon to voice my disappointment.

Jeff (longtime lurker)

Reply to
Jeff Heising

brokers. They are grown all over the world from thailand to Chile--this requires some tight controls on the part of seed sellers and sometimes these controls are not good enough. The globalization of the seed production industry makes the possibilty of errors higher than in the past.

Reply to
Frankhartx

Yep, I ordered some hot pepper seeds from TGS and they were not what they claimed to be. Which is a shame, because they have some peppers that no one else seems to carry...

Craig

Reply to
King Pineapple

Thanks for the heads up. I had looked at their stuff and thought about ordering a few that are difficult to find. FWIW, a aji peppers that I grow are yellow, about the size of a long jalapeno, and wrinkled somewhat in the long axis. I believe they are from Peru. So, maybe yours was a cross that did not turn out quite as expected.

Reply to
B.Server