Passion plant and okra

i think i'm going to start using the appearance of my transplanted wild passion plants for planting my okra!

last year i learned much about planting okra, primarily that the ground temperature must be 70F or above! i went thru 2 plantings which withered before finding the knowledge on-line. sure enough, the ground temp was 66F. so i waited and measured, waited and measured until i got a reading of 70F. lo an behold my okra survived. so two days ago i check grond temp and it is indeed 70 and today i see my passion plants have shot up to 2-3 inchs tall!

Reply to
piedmont

so two days ago i check grond temp and it is

Andy comments:

Obviously, heat induces passion.......

PS You can grow the okra in your front yard if you tell your wife it is Japanese Orchid.....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Reply to
AndyS

Actually, it's an African hibiscus. That's the truth with no attempt at deception. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek

Andy comments:

Thanks for that info. I think I can sell my wife on hibiscusae in the front yard.....

..... they will look good beside the Australian Ivy (cucumbers)......

:>)))) Andy in Eureka, Texas

Reply to
AndyS

Try the "Burgundy" variety. The plant stems and pods are a beautiful dark red and I think they produce more than other types. Steve (got to plant some of that ivy today, makes good pickles they say)

Reply to
Steve Peek