Parsley Question

I have some volunteer plants in my front island bed. I've been letting it grow to see what it is, its frilly and green. Today, I decided to smell the foliage and it smells like parsley. It is short and compact with rather tuberous roots. Is it possible that parsley has overwintered here in Colorado Springs? I don't recall planting parsley though.

Reply to
nina

Yes, it's possible. I'd be careful, though -- some parsley-family members are poisonous IIRC.

-frank

Reply to
Frank Miles

Thats what I have read. I researched and it appears to be parsley, perhaps my kids were gardening again. Thanks.

Reply to
nina